header.png
Ukraine flag

Milborne Wick Mission Church

Wick2.jpg

Milborne Wick is a tiny mission church. We can squeeze in 30 people if you don't mind being friendly. We are part of the larger Parish of Milborne Port.  The present church was built in 1891 on the site of an oratorium (dating back to 1312), as a Chapel of Ease to the Parish Church, paid for by gifts from Sir Edward Medlycott and from the villagers.

The congregation at Milborne Wick comes not only from Wick but also from elsewhere in the parish. It has a Pro-warden, Treasurer and Secretary, and although we do not have our own PCC we do have a representative on the Milborne Port PCC and an annual Church Meeting.

The community enjoys the monthly services that are held both in the church and around the village, e.g. Carol Service in a cow barn, the annual Pet Service, and a walk around the village for Plough Sunday. Children are very much encouraged to take part with bell ringing, helping with events, reading lessons and enjoy interactive sermons. Although our worship numbers are low, the following is strong.